atiffyfit

A_TiffyFit's Booklikes

The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook: From Lady Mary's Crab Canapés to Mrs. Patmore's Christmas Pudding - More Than 150 Recipes from Upstairs and Downstairs

The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook - Emily Ansara Baines I won this from a goodreads First Reads giveaway! I like it! The recipes are organized by courses and each recipe has a sweet little blurb/anecdote to go along with it such as telling us that the Traditional Bakewell Tart would be served to both the nobility as well as the servants since it is a traditional dessert. Some of the recipes have an additional little paragraph with a bit of history/legend regarding the food item. There are no high gloss pictures of foods prepared; rather, this is a gathering of dishes appropriate to the era of Downton Abbey, the Crawleys, and their servants. I cannot wait to try out some of the recipes for myself and perhaps get a little lost in fantasyland of pretending I'm eating with Mrs Patmore or Lady Mary!