atiffyfit

A_TiffyFit's Booklikes

Fractured Soul (Fractured Light, #2)

Fractured Soul (Fractured Light, #2) - Rachel McClellan I received this from Netgalley as an ARC in exchange for my honest reader review. I did not happen to read "Fractured Light" which was book one to this series. Happily, while it would give you a better initial understand of the Auras, Furies, Christian and Llona and May and Sophie, you don't have to. The book references the first, but with concise explanations instead of vague descriptions, resulting in quick information that enhances the current plot. I was frustrated with the aunt, Sophie, and her insistence that Llona try to fit the mold. She does redeem herself a little by "admiring Llona's fire, very much like Llona's mother's fire and independent streak." Ultimately, Sophie dismisses Llona's concerns and doesn't listen and ends up a victim. How much of a victim is yet to be determined. The ending...oh the ending! I won't say more on it. Very readable, very fast paced, some really beautiful metaphors about choices in life and how we choose to react to factors/happenstances. A good read.