atiffyfit

A_TiffyFit's Booklikes

Letting Go - Carrie Lange This was a very moving book that explores not only those who commit suicide, but the aftermath for the survivors: the ones they left behind. It is incredibly emotional, frustrating, and really makes you think about the thoughtless remarks that come out of people's mouths, even if they are well-meaning. Tar and Rale's story was just as heartbreaking as Dan and Anne's, and their inability to let go. This is not an easy read due to the subject matter at hand. It isn't a breezy book. It's thought-provoking, heartwrenching, sad, and yet...hopeful. There is hope. There is always hope. Dan thought everyone would be better off if he was no longer in the world, that his pain would stop as soon as he pulled the trigger. But it didn't. He had to learn to let go first, but how could he when he sees his Anne so tormented?

As you journey with Dan and Anne and others, I think you'll run a gamut of emotions from sympathy and empathy to shock to contemplation of people in your own life, etc. The bigger picture of this book is heartfelt and emotional and true: keep living. You are worth saving. Don't give up. When you need help, reach out and ask for it, either from someone you trust or that hotline. There are people to help. You are not alone. <3 <3 <3 <3

1-800-273-8255