atiffyfit

A_TiffyFit's Booklikes

Rising - Holly Kelly I requested a review copy of this (okay, I begged) and was granted it and then I read it all in one sitting and am waiting until I can re-read it again. This book releases in 2 days and you, too, will be able to enjoy Xanthus & Sara.

The prologue opens with a woman giving birth and not one, but two nurses fainting dead away when they see the baby. And then chapter one opens twenty years later...

Sara is in a wheelchair thanks to her disfigurement (her legs...which, of course, are not legs but a tail!) Xanthus is on a mission from King Triton to find and punish those polluting the oceans and killing off sea creatures and Dagonians alike. Imagine Xanthus's surprise to find one of his own on land...

The chemistry between Xanthus and Sara is immediate. He is an overwhelming presence and Sara knows not what to make of him. I loved how Xanthus has this protective attitude that he just can't seem to help and sets about making sure Sara is safe. Sara's BFF is so happy for her; it was so sweet to see a friendship between women that wasn't catty.

I was livid at Xanthus's mother, enamored of his sister, ecstatic of Sara's parentage, and disgusted by the evilness that is Xanthus's brother, Gael, and his father. Just pure maliciousness poisoning the waters there!

The ending is incredibly satisfying and, after much turmoil, a HEA. I love mermaid tales, paranormal fantasies, romances, and books with action, a woman who doesn't melt into her lover's demands/opinions, and a man who adores and takes care of his woman. This has it all. By far the best mermaid tale I've read yet, I want this to be a series. A long series, exploring different characters with Xanthus & Sara popping in and out.

This is from Clean Teen Publishing and the romance is just that, clean. But you know...I was not expecting it to steamy! The sexual chemistry and tension was nearly palpable! Oh, and the epilogue. OMG MS KELLY! I know this is releasing in 2 days, but PLEASE tell me you have more written in this world?! Pretty please?