atiffyfit

A_TiffyFit's Booklikes

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2)

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) - Some general spoilers, although I won't tell you the whole plot, etc.: Was passed an ARC and squealed in high-pitched delight. I really enjoyed the first book and have been looking forward to this sequel. I was a bit aghast at being left hanging with the last novel and knowing this was coming out this summer, have reread the first and was still itchy at the end. Then...HELLO ARC! Thank you!!! Gobbled this book up and sighed happily. Again, the ending is open, but not nearly as frustrating as the first cliffhanger.I really liked this book. There are some grammatical errors/typos here and there, but they were so few and far between that they didn't detract from the book. The story sucks you in and I spent half the time daydreaming like Diana does: famous characters, the daily life of Elizabethan England, what would happen if...You learn SO much more about Matthew in this one. You see the relationship between Diana and Matthew develop. I loved seeing them in Elizabethan England. I hated Kit Marlowe, that selfish little SOB. I loved the little glimpses of the Shadows of Night. And I liked how Harkness doesn't dismiss the fact that, were we to timewalk, we'd inevitably change history SOMEHOW, through just being there. The tiniest little action...Gah, I can't wait for the third book. Write faster, Ms. Harkness, please...write faster!